Thursday, December 24, 2009

peace within

"As long as the agitation goes on within us, peace can never come - even if we're the only people left in the world."
How true! Several times in the past few weeks, I have found myself getting upset and later asking myself why did I become so agitated over what ultimately wasn't all that significant. One example was when our printer was misbehaving when I needed to print something out for that evening. I was pretty irritated, cussed, bumped my head messing around with cables behind the table, etc. Then there were the IT folks at work who sent email saying that "at my convenience" I was required to install new security software on my computer (which slowed it down considerably), etc. I had some un-Christmas season like thoughts about these folks. But when I am more mindful of what is really important and avoid needless irritations, I am a much more peaceful person. One resolution I have for the new year is to seek more inner peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment