Saturday, November 7, 2009
Beauty as per 11/07/09
I think that God gives us different heightened senses and it helps us to either see beauty or hear beauty and feel beauty. Yesterday at the art show I heard a woman say to me; " Your paintings are so full of emotion." It was something that took me by surprise. When it comes to expressing what I already think as "perfect and beautiful", I think I am enlightened with a new and greater sense of seeing. It is like hearing a great poem, hearing a great violin music and or any other instrument and seeing a wonderful piece of nature. It gives life a greater depth of understanding.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It strikes me that although the beauty is always there for us to enjoy we are more ready at certain times of our lives to create or appreciate the beauty in our lives. I always love MaryKay's paintings, and yet there are sometimes when I just stand there and look at it imagining the brush strokes occurring and how they were inspired. Other times I walk by and not see it at all. Sometimes the Mona Lisa wouldn't get my attention; yet others I am amazed by the beauty in some graffiti. Music is the same way. There was a period in my life when I was part of creating music and yet I no longer feel the inspiration to play and sing. I don't even want to listen to the radio. Sometimes, all I can tolerate is classical, yet other times I want to listen to heavy rock played loud (Diana hates this mood). Today, we were working on the caos in the garage and I had Country Western playing. Perfect! The beauty is there. It never changes. My taste and appreciation can change faster than the weather in Michigan.
ReplyDelete