Saturday, November 28, 2009

leisure and contemplation

We must give ourselves the leisure it takes to both cultivate the arts and to contemplate them.

This reminds me of the thought several days ago about leisure. If we spend our days fighting off wolves, it will be difficult to take time for contemplation. That said, the common complaint that "I don't have time" usually means "I don't take time" for we all have the same amount of time, 24 hours/day, and we decide how we want to use it. If bungee cord jumping is my passion, I will make time for it. MK and I have just joined a gym. Now we have to decide to make it a habit to workout regularly. Without this decision, I'm sure we won't "have time". It is the same with contemplation which, for me also, is essential to spiritual well being, the need to get above the daily problems and chaos of life on a regular basis for a quiet time with beauty, God, and self.

No comments:

Post a Comment