Friday, November 20, 2009
Today's reading reminds me of Socrates' famous statement while on trial for his life for teaching people to think for themselves: "The unexamined life is not worth living." It is so easy for us to be caught up in the business of everyday life that we can lose sight of the big picture. But stopping to see where we have come from, what experiences we have had, where we are going, all help us connect with the spiritual realm, to find meaning. After my life went from the extreme lows of personal loss and fighting cancer to the new hopefulness of improved health and finding a new love, I feel very grateful for the life I have and have had. I wouldn't change the "negative" parts because they were part of making me the person I am.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment