Saturday, November 14, 2009
what do I see in beauty?
I have a problem with saying we should ask "what am I meant to see" in this work of art or whatever. I'm sure sometimes I see something that wasn't consciously intended by the artist. And different people get different things from the same experience. I would rather ask myself "what do I see about me or about the world in this beautiful experience." Looking for something is good, sometimes we find new meanings. I know in the religion classes I've been part of for years, we reflect on the Sunday readings. It is quite amazing the different things in the readings that strike and impress different people or even the same person (me) at different times. The world is rich in experience, I think there is essentially an infinite input to our minds which we filter and select for significance.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment