Now as a mother of adult children, I have had the privilege of watching them engaging in their own self-expressions in the arts. And when, as Lacey says that she isn't artistic, she encourages her own children to draw, color, paint and other self-expressions. (Boys have unique of making their mark in this world). Libby and Rachel have different creative expressions, but they are uniquely theirs. I enjoy them both. It will be even more exciting to see what they do in the future.
Monday, November 23, 2009
Priority
For the artist, there is an eternal "itch" that needs to be satisfied. There were times in my life, when, due to the demands of children and their needs, I had to give precedent to them. Satisfying the "itch" was given way to opportunities to engage them in the experience of a creative expression, I was able to sneak in a creative moment with them engaging in their own self-expression. It comes, whether or not, it is a time that is "perfect" or planned; it "comes."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment