Friday, November 6, 2009

beauty and life's real purpose

OK, I'm still learning. I meant to post this as an independent post, but it went in as a comment on the invitation so I am resending it.

Today's comment that beauty reveals the real purpose of life spurred a good conversation here. For me, the purpose of life, ultimately, is to be part of the wider creation, a good, loving person in good relationship with others and with nature. Awareness of beauty makes those connections more visible, but doesn't necessarily give me a feeling of purpose.

1 comment:

  1. For me natural beauty brings relaxation into my life. Think about walking along the beach, the smell, the sounds, the surroundings...bring me peace. Think about sitting under a huge tree in a sunny day, it allows me to get in touch with my soul, my mind is quiet observing the surroundings and the beauty created by God. Being in touch with beauty keeps us ground it and center.

    ReplyDelete